• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I don't understand the google phone concept

Ok Last Summer (08) when we were getting ready to get the G1 in North Carolina, I started reading about how Google was partnering with HTC to put out the first google phone the G1, I got one two days after roll out. I was informed that since North Carolina wasnt 3G at the time for Tmobile i could only get a G1 online or at another 3G market. So after waiting two days I had the G1 the Google phone by HTC, the phone Google had made to it's specifications to run it's android platform.. so someone please explain to me why the Nexus One isnt really the G2?

Now to further my confusion my DJ Business does a lot of events for Google's Lenoir, NC campus in the fall of last year their own employees were touting the "Google Phone"

just wondering..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones