• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I dont want email or email messages on my phone..

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hi Guys, I have a Samsung Galaxy S3.. Im happy to use my gmail account to log on what ever is needed on the phne but I don't want any of my emails downloaded to the phone.. I don't want to use any mail service on my phone..
Im more than happy with web based gmail account.. In fact I don't want my emails on any device at all..
Problem is every time factory reset my phone I get asked for me gmail address.. I have tried deleting email accounts, but I keep coming across an email account that has all my emails on it... Its driving me nuts.. How do I permanently stop my emails getting on to my phone..

As a last resort Im making up a b.s. gmail account and am going to use that, but I would rather not have too.. Again, Im happy to use my real gmail address but I just don't want emails downloading to my phone... I don't want to use my phone as an email service.. How do I stop this with out using a false gmail account on my phone??

cheers for any help..

Simply uncheck email sync on that account (or uncheck syncing altogether).

You'll have to do it any time you reset the phone (I don't know why you have to reset it) because resetting it returns everything to the default, which is syncing your gmail account, including email. (That's basically the purpose of resetting - returning everything to default.)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones