• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I feel like a tool....

Ok, so I am rooted, and am trying to install the clockwork recovery image. I have everything I need with the exception of creating the sdcard\clockworkmod\backup folder. what is the best way to do this?

That directory is created for you once you do your first backup. Which you should do asap. Get "Rom Manager" and "Droid X Bootstrap" from the market and open the bootstrapper and click "Bootstrap Recovery" then grant permission and once that is done open Rom Manager, grant permission, select "Flash ClockworkMod Recovery at the top and select your device, then select "Backup Current ROM"

I have been using Clockwork for a year or so now and never once had to create the directory. It is done for you once you run the application.

GMB

Reactions: kodiak kid
Upvote 0
One way would be to plug the USB cord into your phone and put the phone in "mass storage" mode. After the window pops up containing everything on your SDcard just right click on a spot, go to new, then folder and name it clockworkmod. Now open the clockworkmod folder and right click, new, then folder again and name it backup and you should be all set.

Reactions: kodiak kid
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones