• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I forgot which recovery I used

iHaxxu

Lurker
Aug 4, 2011
I remember that I rooted the phone the day it was able to be rooted, and that i used the recovery that someone figured out a couple days later..but I just cant remember the name of the recovery..Is there any way to check, because people are saying not to use a specific one for flashing CM7. How do I check which one i have and/or install another one?

Edit: So im sitting here restoring my previous data after repartitioning the MicroSD, and i see xionia_cwma_12518.6.img still sitting in the root of the drive. Is it safe to use xionia to flash CM7 or should i be trying to find this "new recovery menu that only a handful of us have"?

Would you mind telling me the name of this "new recovery"? Also, do I need to uninstall the old one before installing the new one? Would I still be able to use the stock backup I made so long ago using xionia? I just was make sure I can return to stock in the event that I need to have the phone replaced. I guess I could always return it to stock now, flash the new recovery when I figure out what it's valued, and make a new stock backup if I need to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones