• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

i got my 3 doors today

Got an email from VZW about the doors:

We received your order for a replacement battery door(s) (MOTA855BATDR) for the DROID by Motorola. Unfortunately, this item is temporarily out of stock. We will ship your order for overnight delivery as soon as we receive additional inventory. Based on current inventory delivery schedules, you should receive your order between 1/12 and 1/20.

We appreciate your business and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

So if you ordered and are still waiting I guess there is hope still.

Seems they mass mailed that to all of us..

Upvote 0
Where exaclty on VZW is this "door" part? I've searched the site for accessories, etc. and have not been able to find the battery door ANYWHERE! Of course I'm logged in to My Verizon, so I should be able to see things available for my phone, right?
Is there a part number or something to use as a search reference?
I've read on here that Verizon says it is sold out. Does that mean it was taken down from the site?

MOTA855BATDR is what I have on the doors I received.

Upvote 0
Hello all. I also got a new battery door, but I got it in a different way that seems to be less hassle free from what people are posting here. I didn't bother to go through verizon. I simply went to the contact section on the Motorola webpage. I explained that as much as I love my Droid, I can't stand the battery door problem, but I had been told they could help. Four business days later, I'm holding an improved door in my hands, 100% free of charge and free of hassle. I HIGHLY recommend this way.

Now on to the door itself.
It's the same thing as the original door, except the padding in the middle is slightly larger, and for whatever reason that helps a ton. That's all you need to know lol.

Upvote 0
My doors came today from Verizon. There are significant differences between the new one and my original.

The pad is ~.20mm thicker.

My original DYI fix using 3M electrical tape on the pad was ~.21mm :D

The ears on the locking tabs are ~.10mm wider.

The new door is much tighter than my original. The mfg date is 121209

One other thing, the pad is made from a different material that has much more surface friction and doesn't compress as much as the original.

Upvote 0
can someone tell me how i can get this??
surfed through verizon website and still a negative on how to order it..

it was a one to two day deal. it is not offered anymore. though, what you can do is go to Motorola's website and use the contact us form and say your cover is falling off and they will probably send you a new one for free.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones