• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I have been having problems connecting online with windows vista with barnacle

Hello,

I've been having alot of problems trying to connect to the internet with my Acer (Windows Vista Home Basic) operating system. I can't get online at all. Every time I try to connect on Barnacle or any other Wifi service, it says "Local Only" or "Local Access Only". We've tried everything we know to get this fixed. We're trying to avoid having to pay for Windows 7 whenever we get jobs. We want to get this fixed. Please help. We've been trying for several months to get the internet to work.This has been happening ever since our AT&T service was turned off months ago.Please help.

Hello,

I've been having alot of problems trying to connect to the internet with my Acer (Windows Vista Home Basic) operating system. I can't get online at all. Every time I try to connect on Barnacle or any other Wifi service, it says "Local Only" or "Local Access Only". We've tried everything we know to get this fixed. We're trying to avoid having to pay for Windows 7 whenever we get jobs. We want to get this fixed. Please help. We've been trying for several months to get the internet to work.This has been happening ever since our AT&T service was turned off months ago.Please help.

So, it's not an Android issue, it's a computer issue? You've checked all your drivers? And Metro has been shutting down tethers lately, including Barnacle.

Upvote 0
Well when we initially started having problems with my pc, we discovered something was wrong with it after we tried connecting online with my android phone. we thought it may have been an issue with barnacle and then we that it may have been a problem with the computer. but the thing about that is, when we installed a different program on it called PDA.net or something like that on the computer and mounted the program... the internet started working but it didn't give me full access to the internet like barnacle and wireless tethering for root users did.i couldn't even go to my facebook page with that program.we checked the drivers and everything already.no solution to what we've been trying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones