• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I Have ClockWorkMod recovery 2.5.0.5 but not SU permissions and S-on----HELP------

A

adam29617

When I use Unrevoked 3.22 to root it installed ClockworkMod recovery, but not any SU icons or get any permissions, also at the end it unrevoked said my phone apperently quit talking to it, and said try agin???? I have CWM with s-on and no SU anyone to help me with this will get a nice donation!! THANKS!

just flash it again, or if u wanna get rid of the CWM recovery and get back to stock and try again, run the RUU for the most up to date Nov. OTA that's how you un-root anyway so this is good practice. you will also need to be s-off. s-off, and root are two diff things, but the new unrevoked should take care o f everything, make sure you have installed htc sync, then uninstall it but keeping the drivers that it installed, just uninstall the htc sync you'll see. hit me up PM if you need.

Reactions: adam29617
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones