• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I just screwed up my phone

gogomouse1

Feb 7, 2012
So I was trying to switch from CM7 to PA.... and I was having trouble with CWM, so I tried to reinstall it directly onto my sd card.... long story short, I deleted my main image file, and now my Triumph does nothing, all I get is a black screen, it wont do anything at all.

When I connect to my laptop- either by the sd card or directly through the cord, the computer says nothing is connected.

So am I totally screwed? :(

Should be able to boot to bootloader mode (even if you can't see the "polling..." message). (Power+ vol down)
Then plug into computer. Open the Mobile drive.
Download and UNZIP this image.zip file
from here:
Team Vmobi
After you unzip it you will have an Image directory.
REPLACE the Image directory on the Mobile drive with it.

It already has cwm so you won't have to go back to stock recovery.

If you have already inadvertently deleted the Image directory, no big deal... that file contains the entire thing.

Upvote 0
Should be able to boot to bootloader mode (even if you can't see the "polling..." message). (Power+ vol down)
Then plug into computer. Open the Mobile drive.
Download and UNZIP this image.zip file
from here:
Team Vmobi
After you unzip it you will have an Image directory.
REPLACE the Image directory on the Mobile drive with it.

It already has cwm so you won't have to go back to stock recovery.

If you have already inadvertently deleted the Image directory, no big deal... that file contains the entire thing.

Okay, so I did all that. When I plug the phone into the computer, it scans the device, then says "this device is ready to use".
But when I try to move or copy the folder into the phone, it says "please insert a disk into drive (F).... in other words, it seems to detect the phone, but it's clearly not into a state ready to accept files (like it's not turned on).
I left the phone on the charger all day. When on the charger, the red LED is lit. When unpluggged, no LED is on.

The worst part? I need a device to be connected to the net all day at work..... so I had to dig out my old Samsung Intercept. :puke:
Anyone that says the MT is a crappy, outdated phone should have to use the Intercept for a while.

So any other advice?

Upvote 0
Yes, that is what it does when you delete your Image directory.

You said you "did all that".

Did you boot into download mode?

Did you see the Mobile drive on your computer. What is in it?

Do NOT confuse folders (directories) with files. A folder is not a file. A folder contains files.

Did you unzip the file you downloaded?

Please try to be specific.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones