• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I know why the Droid's Eye is RED

bruceo

Android Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2009
Because it stands for Red Eye of Death!

I had the Hero for a month and end of the first week I was on a business trip and I power cycled the phone and when it came up it said no service and multiple power cycles later the cell service would not connect and I would get tons of force close errors for the background processes.
I happened to be near a best buy so i stopped in and looked up a hard reset. After hard reset it was fine. Over the following 3 weeks I got maybe 1 spontaneous reset a week, which was troubling but I attributed it to the system restarting to clear out memory to update apps or something, although there obviously should be a dialog to inform you of that.. Other than that the Hero performed excellent.

For the last 4 days on the droid it has performed well but i get about 2 spontaneous resets a day and this morning i got an email from someone who I emailed last night where the email they receieved from me was full of about 2 pages of alpha characters that didnt make sense. I clicked reply and flipped out the keyboard and as it went to landscape the screen blanked and rebooted then the eye came up and never went away. Several battery pulls and 15-30 mins of staring at the eye I felt like I was back on my POS Touch Pro and I wanted to throw the effer out the window. 200 apps on my Ipod Touch 2g used extensively by my 3 & 5 yr old and I and never a freeze, reboot or hard reset. WTF

1169815363686.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones