• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need a cwm developer

my bad guys. it must not have given me the.message or something. im stuck with tapatalk as my inly means of connection on the.phone that is my only way of getting internet. so needless so say im not around as much anymore.

but anyway, ok so youre saying it cant get into bootloader mode via the

adb reboot bootloader

command? and either way are you able to do adb in ftm?

if either of those things can work i can show you how to install a cwm, cant promise itll work but thatll help you install one to test

as far as what to try, we need to pull the boot.img using the dd command, not sure of the exact path but we can work that out. see if /dev/block/ has the by-name setup anywhere like the 8960s do, that will tell you exactly whats what anf you can dd if=/path/to/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img making it a file.on your sd called boot.img for pulling to a computer, do the same for stock recovery preferably

youll then want android kitchen to unpack the stock stuff for the correct kernel(zimage), then take the cwm recovery from the force, unpack it, replace the kernel(zimage), check the fstab carefully, then repack and test see hoe that plays out

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
yep, just fashionably late. gotta make an entrance ya kno lol

hopefully if someone can run some builds we can get cwm and cm up pretty quickly. its rather close to the force from.what ive seen so far so hopefully we can use that as a base

Code:
8960          vs          8930

krait                         krait 200
adreno 225             adreno 305
1.7ghz avg.             1.2ghz avg.
same number of cores, same arm7 instructions, so basically the differences are so small processor wise we should.only need to adjust a few minor things for the main functionality. things like.wifi and bluetooth and even radio may take some.doing but the basic booting of cwm and cm should be ridiculously easy

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
no need, terminal emulator can execute the dd command. and you will just have to upload it via the phone. use a root browser to look through /dev/block and see if you can find a file called boot and one called recovery. then dd both of them in terminal emulator

dd if=/dev/block/whatever of=/sdcard/name_of_file.img

Upvote 0
This how the settings look like

Attachments

• 1382478918750.jpg
    1382478918750.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 50
Upvote 0
that works, doesnt really have much to do with this tho. it is good to know it runs jb and to know the model number for future reference but ill need the file pulled from a dd command, preferably both recovery and boot but one or the other should do for the moment

see if you can find
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/recovery
maybe msm_sdcc.1

try both of those in terminal.emulator if thats easier for you. download a terminal.emulator.from the play store, the run

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img

or

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img

if the first one wont work, then do the same for boot just replace the word recovery with the word boot in both the if and of lines as such

Code:
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/by-name/boot of=/sdcard/boot.img

and the of name is whatever you want it.to be really just fyi, id leave it for ease if you dont know what youre doing though. and you may need to.do an su before. which ia simply typing su in on a rooted devices terminal emulator and hitting enter, itll change the $ to a # indicating you now have full access
you can then do the dd command and it wont.give you any problems if the file.exists

Upvote 0
uploading to here would be preferable but yoi can do a new thread, or upload them to whatever it doesnt matter as long as i can get them. i dont do hangouts or anything like that tho sorry. you can hit up unleashedprepaids.com chat if you wanna speak directly but im not always paying attention lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones