• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I need help!

adsads1

Lurker
Nov 26, 2013
I followed the guide on htcdev and unlocked bootloader for my htc merge. I then stupidly tried to flash cm 7 and i am not able to boot. I have a custom recovery installed on it, i am able to adb and can fastboot and get into recovery. I am out of ideas on what to do, and i can't download stock from us cellular because i can't boot into any firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I followed the guide on htcdev and unlocked bootloader for my htc merge. I then stupidly tried to flash cm 7 and i am not able to boot. I have a custom recovery installed on it, i am able to adb and can fastboot and get into recovery. I am out of ideas on what to do, and i can't download stock from us cellular because i can't boot into any firmware. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

s on phones are not able to install the boot image from recovery. your rom will not boot becasue you have not installed a cm7 compatible kernel.

your options for recovery are:
1)restore a nandroid backup,wich will use the same kernel currently on your phone

2) boot your recovery into phone memory,and flash your rom again from there. other devices,let this method install the kernel. there are a handful of devices it does not work on,so youll just have to try it. more info here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/587430-s-want-flash-roms-read.html

this is in the rezound forum,but the info applies- just use a merge specific discovery

3)install the boot image manually. in a nutshell,put the boot image into your adb/fastboot directory and install it in fastboot with fastboot flash boot boot.img

more info on s on manual rom installing here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-all-things-root/499172-how-manually-flash-roms.html#post3933400

once you get back to a working phone,i would highly recomend to try and become s off/supercid. it will make your rom flashing experinces much happier,plus an odd quirk with the merge seems to be the bootloader periodically relocks itself :thinking: its well worth your efforts to become s off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones