• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help I WANT TO LOGOUT FROM MY FRIEND'S PHONE REMOTELY

EGY CAESAR

Lurker
Jun 1, 2016
I have a problem ..
my friend doesn't have any account so i had to log in with my account so i can setup all apps he needed to his new phone..
but i forgot to logout from his phone again and it's embarrassing to tell him to log out from my account ..
can you help me with steps so i make sure that he can't see my gmail or my apps on play store ??
thanks guys

You can wipe the phone using Android Device Manager, but that will factory reset the phone and he'll be right back in the situation of not having a Google account. Depending on the phone model and Android version, a factory reset may be the only way to remove the primary Google account.

Upvote 0
You can wipe the phone using Android Device Manager, but that will factory reset the phone and he'll be right back in the situation of not having a Google account. Depending on the phone model and Android version, a factory reset may be the only way to remove the primary Google account.
thanks man .. but you guys still miss something ...
he was visiting me and that's it .
he came to me to manage his phone and now he is in another city
so ... my problem is how to logout from his phone remotely .. can you help me please ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Go here: https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity

Select your friend's device, then select remove.
there is no remove link .. what is that mean
14.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
there is no remove link .. what is that mean

I'm guessing it's because you changed your password but I'm not sure. On my account, every device has a remove option. But in the screenshot you provided, it says there has been no activity on that device since you changed the password. Because you changed the password, they cannot access your account from the device. Essentially, you already solved the issue by changing your password.

Upvote 0
On my account, every device has a remove option.

I have a PC login that has no remove option. It's a device that hasn't been online since May 6th (because I replaced the mechanical HD with an SSD and installed Win10). I'm thinking that "REMOVE" is only available to devices that Google can communicate with.

The issue might be solved in terms of seeing gmail or accessing the play store, but your freind is going to be constantly asked to authenticate and not be able to.

Upvote 0
The issue might be solved in terms of seeing gmail or accessing the play store, but your freind is going to be constantly asked to authenticate and not be able to.

That's true... But perhaps the constant nag of being logged out will be enough to just have him remove the account of his own free will.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones