• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root I want to root. I have insurance from car toys.

I will send this guy over to root your phone
computer%2Bnerd%2B%2B%2BLimpet%2B2%5B1%5D.JPG

(I love the keyboard dust cover)

OR I can send his brother
nerd_computer_repair.jpg

Reactions: psychotic_penguin
Upvote 0
@Chaz
You need to flash Clockwork recovery. This is because many ROMs now use this instead of SPRecovery and these ROMs do not have dual support. So depending on what ROM you are going to flash, you use the appropriate recovery. So to download Clockwork just search up ROM Manager in Market and you can use this app to switch ROM's as well.

@Pelon
Rooted ROMs tend to disable or turn off OTA updates so you will have to find one that doesn't. This is pretty simple but you do know that the official Froyo will be just like the ones that the Dev's are coming out with, just with less features and less optimized (but probably won't have some bugs that the ROM's have now, but this will be sorted out pretty quickly)

Upvote 0
I had the same issue, all worried about something going wrong, because that's the luck I have. I read all the forums concerning rooting, finding that the chances of something going wrong was remote.

All the people here have either had or knows someone that has had an issue and 9.9 times out of 10 if there's a problem there's a fix.

I took the plunge and have never looked back. The process is simple, there's step by step videos and when you're done bam you'll wonder why you even worried and your phone will be your own!

Upvote 0
First hello to all. I had all the same fears of bricking my brand new phone. I have just switched from the iPhone and will never go back. With all the info on here it seems simple to customize your phone. And if something goes wrong, someone else probably has also done it and found the solution to fix. I rooted last night and its like Christmas as a little kid. Granted it took 5 hours, and I had to come up with a different method than any I had read, but you wont regret it once its done. Just make sure to first make a backup before u do anything so even if u tank it, u just restore and start again.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones