• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help i337/KK4.4.4 email battery issue

speedlever

Android Enthusiast
Jun 17, 2012
North Carolina
My stock i337 with KK4.4.4 recently started having battery issues. Email shows to be the main culprit draining the battery (using GSAM). I've cleared the cache partition, and still see the same issue. Historically, I've never seen email be at the top of the battery consumption list. So something seems to have changed.

Email is a built in app so I can't turn it off.

I ran in safe mode for about 30 minutes today and didn't see any battery drain... but I can't get any stats since safe mode kills all my apps.

Also (and perhaps related), I've recently begun seeing error messages saying email has stopped (and yet email seems to function normally).

Any ideas what I can do or check to resolve this problem? I'm hoping to bypass having to do a FDR, which I suspect will most likely fix it. But I'd sure like to know how it broke in the first place. The FDR will be a last resort.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones