• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

I5700 Galaxy Spica/lite officially gets Android 2.1

You are right, Samsung india website as well they added New PC studio 1.3.0 IJ1 along with Kies
New PC studio does not support Windows 7, Kies will support all windows version since XP

Support for GT-I5700 SAMSUNG

I was able to install the NPS 1.3.0 IJ1 from the above link on Win 7 Ultimate edition. Had to uncheck "Mass storage only" from Settings > About Phone > Additional Storage for the phone to be recognized. However no joy with the Android 2.1 :(. See attached.

Attachments

• Spica_1.jpg
    Spica_1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 146
Upvote 0
Click on the other tab, device update. You are looking at NPS update ;)

My bad :D. When I select my phone on the Device Update tab, I get the following error:
---------------------------
New PC Studio
This device is not supported.

The device you have selected does not support software upgrade.
OK

Upvote 0
I was able to install the NPS 1.3.0 IJ1 from the above link on Win 7 Ultimate edition. Had to uncheck "Mass storage only" from Settings > About Phone > Additional Storage for the phone to be recognized. However no joy with the Android 2.1 :(. See attached.

Samsung doesn't recommend you to install PC studio on windows 7. Kies is the right choice for win7. Are you on unofficial firmware? if it is so that may be the problem.

Upvote 0
New PC Studio(1.3.0 IJ1) is only supporting for FUS(Firmware Update) function After your phone is updated the software(CupCake -> Elcair) you have to use Kie program, maybe not working the New PC Studio anymore You are availabe the Kies software on Samsung Web site and you can work some functions like Phonebook,Scheduler,Photo Viewer/Editor,Video Player/Viewer,Music Player by Kies

I just found this on the samsung site

Upvote 0
Well I'm using Windows 7 too.

Just use compatibility mode for Vista SP2 (right click on the setup file >> properties >> compatibility >> check Run this program... and select operating system).
I did install in compatibility mode, but it still won't recognize my I5700, and won't upgrade the firmware.
Now read this - how someone in Samsung managed to post on the official website the announcement about the firmware upgrade with such a poor use of english. Especially when they misspelled Eclair:thinking:. Is this some kind of joke?

Upvote 0
I've managed to get my phone recognised in NPS by uninstalling anything Samsung related using Windows Control Panel.

Trouble is, once I've plugged the phone in and it is recognised it won't be recognised again. So I then have to uninstall everything then reinstall it all again to my phone is recognised. If there is still no update available then all that installation is a waste of time as it'll all have to come off again then go back on to recognise the phone next time.

Its crazy they can't just get a bit of software that will work with the phone and get their act together and release the updated OS when its clear there is one in existence!!!!

Upvote 0
Wrong or right this is what I think about samsung...

Poor support from samsung! There's more to come from samsung like samsung Beam. People are crazy about that coz it has some projector or so. Here, why should we count on the upcoming stuff while even the existing stuff is being overlooked like this completely? people are struggling to upgrade to the latest version still no luck! sammy dont even remember they ever released in the past something called !7500 (so called flagship android device)! poor driver support, 3-4 so called "pc suites" for the same product and mind blowing errors "the pc suite is not exist"!!! in my opinion samsung are doing injustice to android! pantheon home just suckz on spica. complete disappointment from samsung. is this how they please their customers? bad support! no matter how big the company is, if we the customers feel disappointed with product support its all useless and m already done with them PERIOD

Back to the topic...
Installed Kies fyes New PC suite old PC Suite this n that so so so blah blah blah... just everything n still NO LUCK
PERIOD .... again!

Upvote 0
i am able to get the update started in pc studio on winxp. This involves a lot of retrying when i get error message about network problems and rebooting the phone while it's connected and pc studio is running.

After downloading the new fw the phone goes to a blackscreen with samsung logo and pc studio says updating 0% before it fails with an error message regarding the usb connection.

Seems like my computer doesent recognize the phone once it goes into update mode.
Same goes for restore mode..

Upvote 0
I've had the same exact problems as listed on this thread. All in all, a very poor show from Samsung, why bother even releasing android phones if you're too obsessed with developing your own OS, and can't be bothered to provide support to your 'android' customers.

That's what I wonder about bro. My face is like :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones