• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Icon on home screen won't stick after restart

judisohn

Lurker
Sep 17, 2011
Shortly after I got my Infuse a few months ago, I replaced the Email icon with the Gmail app by going to Applications, change view mode to grid, then edit and drag. Worked perfectly and persists in restarts.

Recently, I tried the Dolphin HD browser and decided to make it my default. I repeated the same steps above to replace the Web icon with the Dolphin HD app. However, when I restart the phone only 3 icons show on the bottom of the home screen: Phone, Gmail and Apps (or home if I'm in app mode). I have to repeat the process to bring the Dolphin app to the home bar.

I am assuming that the reason is because Dolphin is stored on my SD card, while the other apps are on the phone. The icon bar loads before the SD card is scanned, if my assumption is correct. The browser is too big to move to the phone. I want to keep it on the card.

Anything I can do except reset the icon on each restart?

Go into applications settings and move Dolphin HD to the phone. If it's on the sd card, it doesn't automatically load when you boot, therefore, it goes away if you it in the dock.

Ive done all this already... Id like to change the dolphin browser icon on bottom screen to the miami dolphins logo.. I already got the app but will only make a shortcut... Cant put it on bottom of screen... Know a way around??

Upvote 0
Ive done all this already... Id like to change the dolphin browser icon on bottom screen to the miami dolphins logo.. I already got the app but will only make a shortcut... Cant put it on bottom of screen... Know a way around??

You won't be able to do it without custom modifying the apk file or by using a custom launcher

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones