• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS for i9020a Finally Here!!

Came across this last night on the xda developers forum... everyone thought it was an April fool's joke, but it isn't. I tried on my stock 2.3.6 i9020a Nexus S and now I have Android 4.0.4!!

Sorry, I can't post links because this is my first post, but if you google:

i9020a ics finally here xda

It will be the first result, then go to Page 2 of the thread and you'll find the link. I've also PMd the admin to update the stickied thread.

Enjoy!!

Reactions: Crimson13
Seems that I can't access voicemail, everything else works fine. I found a thread that suggests flashing a new radio file UCKE1, trouble is, I'm stock and I have no idea how...anyways, just a warning for those wanting to upgrade.

Flashing a radio is only possible by rooting and using a custom recovery image.

For those looking for the link, here it is:

I9020A 2.3.6 to 4.0.4 Official Update: http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/google_crespoa/IEzMw3FU.zip

There is also more information in the Official ICS Discussion thread.

Reactions: Crimson13
Upvote 0
Came across this last night on the xda developers forum... everyone thought it was an April fool's joke, but it isn't. I tried on my stock 2.3.6 i9020a Nexus S and now I have Android 4.0.4!!
I was reading about this update via XDA on google when my phone let me know that an OTA update was available - v4.0.4 was here. I just ran the update and the update process was awesome. The OS itself is even awesomer!
:D
Very nice improvement in performance and visuals, almost like a new phone. I'm a happy camper.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones