• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS,Gallery and Facebook

I Hate to admit or even acknowledge my face book addiction.

I used to share my photos by going into the android gallery app, selecting the photo then going to "share via" then clicking the facebook tab. There were other tabs there too such as tumblr and twitter.. etc.

NOW after ICS update its not there. When I go to "share via" its just "wifi" and thats it.

I have found how to share my photos through face book but its a 4 step process through the facebook app itself. Im not a fan.

I have tried to reinstall facebook ap and it didn't work. I have searched everywhere and can't really find the answer. Hoping someone else does :)

Reactions: plzy
You could try installing "Fast for Facebook" (used to be called "Fast Facebook" until last update). Its still got some bugs at the moment, but its very smooth to use, and doesn't cause loads of wakelocks like the official app used to (I have recently gone back to it, and it seems much better now). I can't help with why Facebook doesn't show up for you, but when I checked to see if it does on mine (it does btw) I noticed that Fast Facebook does as well, so it might help for you, even if you just use it as a Facebook photo uploader.

Upvote 0
Yeah since the update all i get under "share via" is AllShare and Picasa

I used to have the lot!!!

I have worked out away around it though..

In gallery click on the bunch of pictures you want, then hit the menu button. This should make all the pictures now have a little un highlighted "tick". The buttons down the bottom should read

Send via, delete and More

Click more (After having "ticked" ) an image. Another menu should come up and select "share via"...

Your options should be there!!!

Walla!!!

Stupid way but at least we can still do it.. OR just do it through facebook app.

Im starting to think Iphone is a little more polished.. ICS is making me do things in circles!!

Cheers guys for the replies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones