• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ics style phone apk needed

spzO - thanks. I do like that dialer but didnt want to step on toes by asking for it.

Is it possible to get it to extract without flashing the rom to my phone btw ?

I only ask, because I've come to believe that my failure to mount sd-ext has more to do with a hardware failure from req's oc kernel ( seeing graphic glitches on occassion too), so I'm hesitant to flash another rom in case the phone fails completely during the process.

ANd re: 2gig : Would putting the official 2.3.6 update from these forums over the monster rom even work without screwing the rom up (aside from hardware concerns) and does it have that dialer in it?

Thanks for the responses btw guys. Appreciated.

Upvote 0
spzO - thanks. I do like that dialer but didnt want to step on toes by asking for it.

Is it possible to get it to extract without flashing the rom to my phone btw ?

I only ask, because I've come to believe that my failure to mount sd-ext has more to do with a hardware failure from req's oc kernel ( seeing graphic glitches on occassion too), so I'm hesitant to flash another rom in case the phone fails completely during the process.

ANd re: 2gig : Would putting the official 2.3.6 update from these forums over the monster rom even work without screwing the rom up (aside from hardware concerns) and does it have that dialer in it?

Thanks for the responses btw guys. Appreciated.
You can just open the ROM with 7zip or file roller and extract the phone.apk.

Reactions: godfeast
Upvote 0
Thanks - been doing so many things I didnt even think about the simple way! lol

I wasnt sure how complex it would be - I just taught myself to extract the boot.img in case it was in there, lol, but hell - at least I learned something along the way.

I'd love to get more proficient at this, but it seems so damn complex having only ever utilized windows systems unix is so alien. :)

ANd still like to know if I can update this rom to 2.3.6 withough screwing up my system aka monster 5.3, as it would be nice to have that update.

* pulled and installed the oa phone.apk and contacts.apk - works fine and I'm happy with it. TY

Upvote 0
Thanks - been doing so many things I didnt even think about the simple way! lol

I wasnt sure how complex it would be - I just taught myself to extract the boot.img in case it was in there, lol, but hell - at least I learned something along the way.

I'd love to get more proficient at this, but it seems so damn complex having only ever utilized windows systems unix is so alien. :)

ANd still like to know if I can update this rom to 2.3.6 withough screwing up my system aka monster 5.3, as it would be nice to have that update.

* pulled and installed the oa phone.apk and contacts.apk - works fine and I'm happy with it. TY

Well 2.3.6 is a different rom so you would have to install monster 5.3 again. You would just have a different baseband from the update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones