• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ICS update for Evo 3d yesterday and i hate it

ok.. so i dont really hate it.. its fantastic.. HOWEVER

one of my problems with turning of the carousel effect.. there still is NOT an option to turn this crap off. i still dont see any reason why i want to warp through the same pages over and over again and then have to stop it only to go back.. its pointless.. and a simple check box to turn off the "fast spin" would be fantastic.

My biggest problem with it is that the SMS text counter is gone.

i have kind of an ongoing competition with the people who i work with to see who can get the most texts with who.. its really fun but now i cant see how many i have with any of my contacts.

incase you dont know what i am talking about.. when you hit messages and see all your recent messages it shows the persons name and the most recent text with that person... then next to the name it would say the text count.. so like
Amber (1715)
Rory (1012)
Jayda (450)
ect..

now it doesnt show these numbers... nor can i find them in the contacts portion..

all of the messages are still there but i dont want to have to count them every day.. which is what i am going to have to do if i cant get the numbers back.

how can i get these back?

Yeah the carousel effect is sense but I was hoping that they would add an option to turn it off it is the only annoying thing about the phone.

But I have tried some other text apps in the past on this phone and I can't seem to like them... One reason is all the ones I tries looked a little cartoony and the stock app looks more professional and the little page flip thing at the end that makes them look like little text message fortune cookies is awesome. O don't want to change it because I have had no problems with it but something that I liked about it is now gone. Do you think the guys over at xda would be able to direct me where to go onto the operating system to maybe turn it back on?

Upvote 0
even if your phone is rooted, there is not really a way to turn on the text counts,or turn off the carosel rosie on the stock rom. once devs get going with the custom roms,some may have those features,i do now know.

do you use the sense widgets? for example,friendstreme,favorites,etc? if not then you could just use a 3rd party launcher. apex and nova launchers. both will let you customize all apescts of the launcher and app drawer,from the animation style and bacground transparency to the icons along the bottom.

the only downside to a 3rd party launcher is that all the htc sense widgets will not be available. there are 3rd party apps for most of them(beautiful widgets,for example,for clock/weather),so it may be something to look into. if you dont like it,you can always go back to how it is now. :)

on the 3rd party texting,there is also handcent. im not sure if the text counter is there,its been awhile since i used it,but there are alot of choices for its appearance. you can make it look pretty close to stock,if you want to.

Upvote 0
on the 3rd party texting,there is also handcent. im not sure if the text counter is there,its been awhile since i used it,but there are alot of choices for its appearance. you can make it look pretty close to stock,if you want to.

I know GoSMS is what I use and the text counter is there. There are also a bunch of themes that can be downloaded, there may be one that looks like Sense.

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones