• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS upgrade - can't connect ActiveSync

Barren

Dec 8, 2009
A user of mine was having issues with his HTC Vivid and the ATT store upgraded him to ICS (4.0.3), now when he's attempting to setup Exchange Activesync, it's not able to find the server. Usually on android devices, you give it the email address and password and it works, in some cases, you need to do a manual setup where you give it the server address, domain, username, and password as well. This doesn't appear to be enough, my on-site tech is saying it's asking for outgoing and incoming server information and ports.

Thoughts?

Update: found out that the extra server info is because he's trying to set up the account as a generic mail account.

What happens when he tries to add the ActiveSync account is:

I go through the manual setup for EAS and it accepts all seetings but it gives a weird sync error that wants you to activate the exchange server policies that we have, when you click ot activate it does notihng and just sits there with sync issues

Thoughts on that? That is the real issue... setting it up as generic mail via exchange isn't going to work very well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones