• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ICS - volume rocker only adjusts ringtone

zuoken

Sep 20, 2011
IN
So, install ICS, great. Got a text message, was a little loud. Fine, hit the volume down rocker a couple times. Got another message... same volume.

Went into settings - sounds - volume... I come to find out that there's separate volume sliders for ringtone, notification (texts) media, and alarm. And hitting the volume rocker only adjusts the ringtone volume and nothing else. What? Gingerbread did not do this. So if I need to quiet my phone down, I have to go into settings to adjust a slider for ringer and texts separately? Come on.

You're correct that ICS has taken away the feature to adjust ringer and notification volumes at the same time (so far that I've seen anyways). But also, the rocker does do media and Bluetooth volumes too, just that you have to be in an app or feature that uses those before the rocker will control the volume for that. For example, play media and you can use the rocker for media volume, or in a phone call adjust the phone call volume, etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones