• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ideas for a new App

tschinke

Jun 27, 2010
Hi,

I'm currently developing a new Android Application and want to get some more ideas and feedback from you. The software is intended to connect your android phone to your desktop computer over WiFi and to control your phone from your desktop.

The application is currently at it's beginning and I plan to include a lot more features (with your help). I will just list the current available features, thus you can better imagine what I'm talking about:
  • Manage sdcard on your computer (drag and drop on your desktop)
  • Desktopsoftware is multiplatform (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
  • Automatic detection of phones (also with multicast if available)
  • Double click on file automatically downloads the file and opens it on your desktop
  • If you modify such a file, this will be detected and you will be asked if you want to upload the changed file
  • For sure simple filemanager operations like deleting/renaming files and directories and make new directories
  • You can browse your music and select from them to create a m3u playlist which is then opened with your default desktop music player. The music itself is streamed through http (should work with most common players I tested)
  • You can turn on your camera remotely and see it's image (about 1-2fps) and take a full resolution photo
  • Experimental WebDAV (also SSL) support (many problems with Windows Explorers)
  • You can remotely open your phones web browser
  • You can remotely open your phones Google Maps
  • You can remotely open the dialer and insert a number
  • View some system information (CPU, SDCard, WiFi, Battery)

What do you guys think? What else do you need in such an application?

If you want to test this app or would like to see some screenshots I list the needed information:

I released a new update. It should run now a lot more stable, in particular under load.

I Also integrated a new feature to remote control your desktops mouse cursor. You can left and right click, input text and have two extra buttons to move quick forward or backward in your powerpoint slides.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones