• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If Apple sucks so much, how are they so successful?

Back tot he OPs question, who says apple's products suck? I actually find them to be very solid, extremely stable and easy to use. Before I get branded a fanboy, I own mac rigs, Windows Rigs and Linux Rigs. For my laptops, I prefer Linux. For work, I have to use Windows, and for my home computers Mac is best. Every OS has its pluses and minuses, but that doesn't mean that any one of the is junky or sucks.

IMHO Apple's real genius has been the comoditizing of the computer experience. By ensuring user simplicity in the interface and extreme stability in the environment, everyone from a 3 year old to grandma can use it with very little knowledge of what is going on in the background. IN otherwords, apple has turned the computer into an appliance, which a whole lot of people love. In fact this is the very reason why I used Macs as home computers. It lets every member of the family use them regardless of skill levels and with a relatively minor learning curve. When my 3 year old daughter can grab my ipad and navigate it like a pro, then hop on the mac and guess (correctly) at how to navigate in lion, IMHO the designers are doing something right.

Microsoft might have legacy compatibility and much more available software for different kinds of architectures, but at the end it requires a deeper knowledge of the environment in order to avoid pitfalls.

Linux, I love for myself.

Upvote 0
Searching Apple gets hits to websites (hey, you found it, right)? Websites are littered with ads. Ads = revenue. That guy can update that site every so often (or not) and probably make money. That said, this may be true for Android as well. There aren;t as many, but there clearly are "android fan sites" that exist purely in the hopes that they get enough hits a months to be in the black. As cheap as web hosting is, that isn't hard at all.

Note to self: set up ridiculous android website and reap the rewards.

Reactions: jroc
Upvote 0
Searching Apple gets hits to websites (hey, you found it, right)? Websites are littered with ads. Ads = revenue. That guy can update that site every so often (or not) and probably make money. That said, this may be true for Android as well. There aren;t as many, but there clearly are "android fan sites" that exist purely in the hopes that they get enough hits a months to be in the black. As cheap as web hosting is, that isn't hard at all.

Note to self: set up ridiculous android website and reap the rewards.

Yep ,I actually found it in the Freshly Pressed column of Wordpress .
There were three apple based FP and none for google or android .

I am actually working on a sarcastic post(ad free)on what google is not going to buy .
3 items are ready need 4 more . :D

Upvote 0
The thrust of the article seems to be those companies, patents or technologies Apple did not but, but should buy, just Like I should go out and buy a bottle of Luksusowa Vodka in an attempt to kill the brain cells that allowed me to read the article in the first place.

Unlike Apple, I am going to move forward with the purchase.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones