• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
1.if i load a rom and or a kernel onto my evo do i lose my contacts, 2.and are they saved when i did a backup

pls answer the first 1 atleast i have been trying to figure this out but i have been unable to

no, you will not lose your contacts.. do you remember when you got your evo and had to make a gmail account they are all there.. just run a sync and when you then load and boot up your new rom you will have to sign in to your google accoutt and it will import all your contacts for you.. this answers both your ? yes

Upvote 0
1. yes and no. anytime you flash something you always have to wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. by wiping data, it is doing just that (contacts being included with the data). however, if you have all of your contacts saved under google and not phone then anytime you flash a rom you can sign on to google accounts and all of your contacts will be there. this goes for anytime you get a new android phone.

if your contacts are saved as phone then no you will lose your contacts the minute you wipe data.

as far as kernels go, you only are wiping dalvik cache and cache not data so your contacts will be safe.

2.nandroid backups are a complete snapshot of the your phone. so yes nandroids will have your contacts saved.

Reactions: meandmyevo4g
Upvote 0
i figured out how to get the market i just need to know now how to access my sd card that has apps on it, i had like 10 apps that i was able to move over to my sd card without app2sd they are games, i have flashed back to my regular rom and the games on my sd card are there, they are not there when i flash to cyro, how do i fix this?

does this make sense

Upvote 0
yeah no worries. i find tb to be essential anytime i flash a new rom. just make sure that you do not do a batch backup and restore of system apps as they will contain pieces of other roms that will conflict with your current rom.

Not sure if you are familiar with TB but if you hit filter and select user it will avoid you from accidentally restoring system info. ( this is info you had on your previous rom and will 99% of the time create all kinds of errors ...... only restore user app and data!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones