• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If using Moto actions, can't see security message on lock screen

RedHorse

Lurker
Jul 14, 2015
I have a Droid Turbo (running 4.4). I like the ability to wave my hand (approach for Moto display) and power on the screen. However, when I do this, I can't see the security message I have on the phone (that basically says "Call this number if you find my phone"). I'm using a PIN and the number keypad appears to override the message. If I push the power button to turn on the screen, however, the message is there.

Does anyone know of a way to make sure the message displays when using Moto actions/hand waving to power on the screen? I thought it might be some of my apps that have notifications on the screen, but I turned off all of those notifications and still could not see my message.

There is no way. Moto Display is a low power option for showing notifications and optionally allowing you to unlock the phone, but Motorola has published no API and there is no way to configure it with third party options.

If somebody finds your phone and presses the power button, they will see the message. Is that not enough?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones