• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Dag, you sure don't want to be entertained.

Naw, it would be just a way to kill a few hours. I can always DL this stuff on iTunes, I suppose.

I was thinking about putting together a YouTube playlist. Perhaps an hour of Elvis then fade to Buddy Rich then bring up the Benny Goodman Orchestra and finally Frank and the rest walk out. Goodman rounds out the evening.

Give me some fried banana and peanut butter samys and a few mixed drinks and it would be like I am there in person.

Do not forget the cigars for the smoke filed room.

Upvote 0
At what point in his career do we bring Elvis back? That goes for the other dead stars, too. Do we want the young, cool Elvis or the fat drugged soaked version of what once was a truly great performer?

That's a good point. But tbh, I don't think we should judge someone by what they consumed. I think many great entertainers struggled to come to terms with their own fame & everything that was suddenly coming their way. I heard he was quite generous with his wealth & quite a humble guy who despite his own huge status was himself a big fan of other entertainers.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones