• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

If your WiFi keeps turning back on:

Scrambles

Jul 30, 2011
Probably everyone already knows this, or nobody cares, but:

I normally keep my WiFi turned off, and I noticed that the Victory kept turning it back on. So I found that there is an advanced menu under Settings-->Wi-Fi.

If you are in the Wi-Fi screen, just hit the menu button again and you will find an option for "Advanced". I changed "Keep WiFI on During Sleep" to "Never". This keeps it from turning back on.

Probably everyone already knows this, or nobody cares, but:

I normally keep my WiFi turned off, and I noticed that the Victory kept turning it back on. So I found that there is an advanced menu under Settings-->Wi-Fi.

If you are in the Wi-Fi screen, just hit the menu button again and you will find an option for "Advanced". I changed "Keep WiFI on During Sleep" to "Never". This keeps it from turning back on.

Thanks for the tip!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones