• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Illegal Activities?

Icarus1337

Mar 23, 2011
I bought the LG Optimus V two days ago. I created a Gmail account the same day. Within 24 hours, the Gmail account was disabled. I can't access the market. After looking at the reasons why my account could be disabled, as it won't tell me why, the only thing I saw that might affect me is an "Illegal Activity." I downloaded an app that lets me download music for free. It's in my phone as "MP3 Music Download." I looked it up on the android market site, and I could only find this.

https://market.android.com/details?id=music.search.download.mp32&feature=search_result

I'm not sure if it's exactly what I downloaded, but it has the same icon and the screenshots look like what my app does.

I also downloaded the GameBoid Lite, SNESoid Lite, GBCoid Lite, ROM Grpiier, and ROM Gripper ++ with some ROMs for each one.

I downloaded Zedge too, and I assume that's not illegal, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are these apps illegal? Will uninstalling them get my Gmail account back?

You are SO SCREWED ! The Android police are gonna be knocking on your door any second now. :D

With all the rooting going on with most phones/ accounts, I find it hard to believe your account was disabled because of a app download. Try to get in touch with support at Google/Gmail, there has to be a number somewhere.

You can also open another Gmail account with something close to what you have now.

Upvote 0
You are SO SCREWED ! The Android police are gonna be knocking on your door any second now. :D

With all the rooting going on with most phones/ accounts, I find it hard to believe your account was disabled because of a app download. Try to get in touch with support at Google/Gmail, there has to be a number somewhere.

You can also open another Gmail account with something close to what you have now.

I assume that's why it was disables. I received no notifications. I made a new gmail, but idk how to access the market with it

Upvote 0
Hit menu button (far left hard button) and go to settings, go to accounts & sync. at bottom of this page you will see manage accounts, your gmail account should be listed there, if not hit "add account" at bottom of page, pick google, and follow directions.
Once the account is setup/synced on phone you should have access to the market and any other programs/apps that require your gmail account.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones