1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Illegal Activities?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Icarus1337, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    I bought the LG Optimus V two days ago. I created a Gmail account the same day. Within 24 hours, the Gmail account was disabled. I can't access the market. After looking at the reasons why my account could be disabled, as it won't tell me why, the only thing I saw that might affect me is an "Illegal Activity." I downloaded an app that lets me download music for free. It's in my phone as "MP3 Music Download." I looked it up on the android market site, and I could only find this.

https://market.android.com/details?id=music.search.download.mp32&feature=search_result

I'm not sure if it's exactly what I downloaded, but it has the same icon and the screenshots look like what my app does.

I also downloaded the GameBoid Lite, SNESoid Lite, GBCoid Lite, ROM Grpiier, and ROM Gripper ++ with some ROMs for each one.

I downloaded Zedge too, and I assume that's not illegal, but I'm not 100% sure.

Are these apps illegal? Will uninstalling them get my Gmail account back?

Advertisement

2. Skratte

Skratte Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    VA
    You are SO SCREWED ! The Android police are gonna be knocking on your door any second now. :D

With all the rooting going on with most phones/ accounts, I find it hard to believe your account was disabled because of a app download. Try to get in touch with support at Google/Gmail, there has to be a number somewhere.

You can also open another Gmail account with something close to what you have now.

3. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    I assume that's why it was disables. I received no notifications. I made a new gmail, but idk how to access the market with it

4. Skratte

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    VA
    Hit menu button (far left hard button) and go to settings, go to accounts & sync. at bottom of this page you will see manage accounts, your gmail account should be listed there, if not hit "add account" at bottom of page, pick google, and follow directions.
    Once the account is setup/synced on phone you should have access to the market and any other programs/apps that require your gmail account.

5. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    Thanks. I've had the new account synced, but it still wouldn't let me get into the marketplace. I unsynced my disabled acc, and synced the new one. When I go to the market, it wants me to sign in with the original disabled gmail account.

6. Skratte

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    VA
    ok, try this. open up appbrain, hit menu button, go to preferences. scroll down to "sign out". sign out and follow instructions. sign back in as second account.

7. Icarus1337

Icarus1337 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
  8. Skratte

None

Feb 24, 2010
    Male
    VA
    Appbrain App Market. It's loaded on phone.

9. JohnACman

JohnACman Member
    None

Mar 12, 2011
    A/C contractor
    Orlando, Fl
    It's not on mine, at least I can't find it.

Tags: