• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Image de-horribilizer

ForScience

Lurker
Aug 12, 2011
I have a tablet with a frankly lousy camera. I was aware of it when I bought it so it's not a problem, but I'd still like it if there was an app that could apply the usual "make this picture better" filters and whatnot in order to make the result less awful.

I'm aware you can download the pictures and do the same with Gimp or Photoshop or whatever, but I want to avoid the hassle of doing that - I'd like the pictures to be made decent right on the tablet.

Any ideas?

Reactions: alostpacket
If it's the lens or the chip, there isn't much you can do about it. You can sharpen it some - there are apps for contrast, lightness, sharpening, etc. But if the lens is lousy and the camera doesn't have the shutter speed and ISO necessary for some shots there isn't much else you can do. If you have modes, then you might experiment to see if any mode will work elsewhere. If the lens is a lousy plastic one-----
You can also see if you have the largest resolution checked. Or that it's not in video mode when you want still.

If the tablet has no form of image stabilization (my phone has anti-shake) try bracing yourself really well before taking a shot. Use the widest angle you can. Any zoom on a tablet will be digital, and that doesn't always work out too well.

My tablet is like that, too. I just use the phone instead.

Reactions: alostpacket
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones