1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Image de-horribilizer

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by ForScience, Jan 10, 2012.

1. ForScience

ForScience Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    I have a tablet with a frankly lousy camera. I was aware of it when I bought it so it's not a problem, but I'd still like it if there was an app that could apply the usual "make this picture better" filters and whatnot in order to make the result less awful.

I'm aware you can download the pictures and do the same with Gimp or Photoshop or whatever, but I want to avoid the hassle of doing that - I'd like the pictures to be made decent right on the tablet.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

alostpacket likes this.
  2. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Android Expert
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    If it's the lens or the chip, there isn't much you can do about it. You can sharpen it some - there are apps for contrast, lightness, sharpening, etc. But if the lens is lousy and the camera doesn't have the shutter speed and ISO necessary for some shots there isn't much else you can do. If you have modes, then you might experiment to see if any mode will work elsewhere. If the lens is a lousy plastic one-----
    You can also see if you have the largest resolution checked. Or that it's not in video mode when you want still.

If the tablet has no form of image stabilization (my phone has anti-shake) try bracing yourself really well before taking a shot. Use the widest angle you can. Any zoom on a tablet will be digital, and that doesn't always work out too well.

My tablet is like that, too. I just use the phone instead.

alostpacket likes this.
  3. james515

james515 Well-Known Member
    None

May 6, 2011
    Communications
    Houston
    before anyone can help you with your problem, besides the photos being awful, what is the actual problem with the photo?

is it blurry
    over exposed (too bright)
    underexposed (to dark)
    poor color

James

alostpacket likes this.
  4. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
  5. ForScience

ForScience Lurker
    None

Aug 12, 2011
    Crappy plastic-lens webcam-sensor camera, of course. The images it produces become moderately less awful with some sharpening, level adjustment and possibly some color boost. The usual "improve this image" operation most picture viewers have (think Picasa) would probably work passably well.