• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Image Gallery Application Based on Contacts

Basically the idea for this application is pretty simple. The way the default gallery application works is that it sorts out images based on the folders that they are in. I would like an image gallery that allowed you to "tag" or apply pictures to contacts, and then view images based on the contacts.

So, for example, if I wanted to see pictures of my brother Johnny, I could open the application, it would provide a list of my contacts that have pictures assigned to them, and I could find Johnny in that list. Select him, and see the images in much the same way as the original 2D gallery worked.

With Eclair and beyond, you could then even tie this directly into the Contact Cards that you see in the Contacts or Messaging apps. Overall, this allows for quick and simple categorization of images without having to create or edit folders.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones