• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Image resizing issue

yatimameiji

Android Enthusiast
Dec 9, 2009
Texas
flavors.me
I was wondering if anyone else has noticed this happening. Whenever you zoom in to a picture, the image is never cleaned up. Its like doing a digital zoom when you are already maxed out. The image simply shows up blury as apposed to when you view the image on a computer. There you can zoom in and get details just fine.

I've noticed this also when trying to set a different wallpaper that is not from the Samsung collection. The images come out with worse quality then they should. I should also note that as I was cropping the images, the Photos app would force close at times as if it couldn't handle an image that big.

I think this is a bug in the photo viewer, where instead of actually zooming in, its just doing crop and re-size of the image when its resolution is that of the screen.

Here's my second tip.
Want to get that old panoramic effect when scroll across your home screen ,( Samsung changed it so you can set individual wallpaper per screen ,and in doing so changed the default crop size for wallpapers) .
But anyway , to get the default android wallpaper settings , you have two ways to do this , you can use ( from the market ) NSW player or Wallpaper Set Save ,these two apps will set your wallpaper across your home replacement app , and give you back that panoramic wallpaper look again .
BTW ,,, this will not work on the default touchwiz...

Try this method for wallpaper , will help .....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones