• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Images not loading to full resolution

thegadgetdude

Apr 26, 2010
I've noticed that on the photo's app when scrolling through pictures if you stop on a picture it doesn't load it to the highest possible resolution. However if you then pinch zoom in and give it a second to load, when you then zoom back out it's loaded the full res possible for the screen.

I was trying it out using the default wallpapers for best comparison, I also installed the gallery app that is on the nexus and this doesn't seem to load the full res image even after zooming.

Just seems a bit odd to have this high res display and it not automatically load the full res image when scrolling through. Not exactly a "deal breaker" kind of fault just something I've noticed. Any alternative image browsing apps? :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones