• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help IMEI Backup/Restore

M

Member1766058

Hi everyone. I'm new here and it didn't look like anyone has posted a question related to this in support yet, but is there a way to back up the IMEI of this device so I can reflash it back in the event something corrupts it, or do I never have to worry about the IMEI partition of this device being touched when flashing roms? I used to have a Galaxy S and sometimes flashing your phone would corrupt the IMEI forcing you to either flash your IMEI backup, or if you didn't have an IMEI backup you had to go through a painful process of "hacking" the IMEI back. I ask because I had an LG Optimus F6 (T-Mobile) that had a corrupted IMEI (read as 0 when inputting *#06#), which prevented me from accessing any non-EDGE network. It seemed the only way to restore the IMEI was to buy an Octopusbox and "hack" it back.

EDIT: Nevermind. I should have also looked into the more specific subforums. I found the backup tool

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones