• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help improve reception? antenna? or?

lanco

Nov 23, 2012
We just moved to a downstairs apartment and are having reception problems, lost calls, etc We;re lucky to get a bar or two.

Is there an app, antenna (internal or external) or any other tips to get this phone to work as good as our other older and cheaper LG and Nokia phones which work great?

My wife was told that this is run on Verizon towers but I have seen reviews that say it's running on Sprint. Anybody know for sure? Maybe this is part of the problem?

If there are any antenna's that will actually solve the problem (short of getting a different phone) can you tell me where to buy them and approx cost?4

Thanx
Scott

My wife was told that this is run on Verizon towers but I have seen reviews that say it's running on Sprint. Anybody know for sure? Maybe this is part of the problem?
Sprint for sure. And that could be the problem - if you have a weak signal from Sprint.

If there are any antenna's that will actually solve the problem (short of getting a different phone) can you tell me where to buy them and approx cost?
There isn't. (You can't connect an external antenna to a Precedent, and you can't put a larger antenna into the case.) What you need is a phone running on a carrier that you get a good signal from. Which carrier is that? The one(s) your LG and Nokia phones are on. (If the Nokia is on Straight Talk, it's probably AT&T.)

Upvote 0
There's no app (or any software) that can change the sensitivity of the receiver or the power of the transmitter. You can't attach an antenna to a cellphone.

The problem isn't the sensitivity of the phone, it's the lack of Sprint signal where you are. Find a carrier that has a better signal there, and get a phone for that carrier. You always choose cellphone service by carrier first, and you don't choose a carrier that doesn't have a good signal where you need service.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones