• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Improve your Call Quality

That's a great question... Itworks at hom from my home tower, however, in akron, 30 miles away, it's all for naught. I had to switch back as the dinc did not make calls. it would time out and say the "network is unavailable"

Changing it back to evrc resolved the prob.

I found that the voice sounds fine when I use a headset or bluetooth headset, but it is muffled when I use the phone's earpiece. There must be something wrong with the hardward. Hope NOT!

Upvote 0
I found that the voice sounds fine when I use a headset or bluetooth headset, but it is muffled when I use the phone's earpiece. There must be something wrong with the hardward. Hope NOT!

Interesting. I do not have a bluetooth ear piece to test right now, but can anyone else confirm this?
Id rather it be software related so itd be a simple firmware update to fix it. But most of all, I just want the source of the problem found. Then all of us with this issue, can get the problem resolved and be happy with this great device again

Upvote 0
Well...two weeks into have the DINC and I've been struggling with the "Underwater" sound too. Saw this thread and gave it a try. No appreciable improvement in sound quality, but it DID eat my battery! I've had the phone on for 6 hours today and am already showing yellow in the battery indicator. Normally I don't get yellow until the evening. That tells me that it's just about doubling the battery drain. I'm headed to Best Buy this evening to exchange for a new one (or return it if they don't have any in stock). I know it's a roll of the dice, but maybe I'll get one without the issues. If not, bye-bye DINC. Such a great device...just not a great PHONE!:(

Upvote 0
When I dial ##778 and enter "call", I get a popup that says number not recognized and "do you really want to call". I press "call" and nothing happens.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks for your help.

Try ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) same password... basically its same thing but i get some prompt with the ##778 before asking for the password and not with ##7764726

Reactions: tifozi
Upvote 0
I am dialing ##778 in the dial pad and nothing happens?? It doesn't show in call log either. What am I doing wrong?
If you have some app that intercepts calls, it will do nothing. I have "Call Confirm" and got the same symptoms as you did. After disabling the app, I was able to go through the OP's steps. Sadly, it didn't seem to make any difference for me call quality-wise, so, I switched my settings back

HTH

Reactions: tifozi
Upvote 0
If you have some app that intercepts calls, it will do nothing. I have "Call Confirm" and got the same symptoms as you did. After disabling the app, I was able to go through the OP's steps. Sadly, it didn't seem to make any difference for me call quality-wise, so, I switched my settings back

HTH

Thanks. I will post this bug in the developer's thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones