• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Increase App Space

illusionz

Apr 24, 2010
Is there a way, after obtaining root, that I can make the App Storage bigger?

I don't feel like I have that many apps installed, and I don't feel like HTC gives enough space for apps on the phone, when there is 8 gigs on board space.

This, and the ability to connect to Ad-Hoc wifi connections would be the only reason why I would root.

you say that now, but when you do root, you find yourself doing so many other things.
I just got SD Watch from the market, and it pretty much runs lightly in the background and tells you when an app you DL can be put on your SD card, thus giving more storage. It's free, but other than moving apps to SD card, there isn't much

Upvote 0
Not that your worry is invalid, but how many apps do you have that you are needing more storage? I cannot imagine having that many, even assuming some of them were large games (large being 20-50 megs, I know there are larger games).

Anyway, a large SD card and apps2sd works well. In my opinion, it would be perfect if there was a way to have the system mount the 6.6 gigs as an sd card, so that everything would recognize it and it could be used for some apps. I do not know if that is possible or not, so as of now it is a dream.

-Nkk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones