• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Increasing incoming call volume... / Accessing service mode

fauxtronic

Aug 30, 2010
UK
I have the volume at max but it's still too low for me. Noticeably quieter than the HTC phones I've had before. I've heard you can increase it via the service menu but the codes I have (variations of 197328640 and 197328649) don't work with the Galaxy W.

Has anybody successfully accessed the service mode on this handset? Or is there another trick for tweaking the maximum volume above the factory settings?

I'll check these out, thanks! It's not that I'm missing calls btw. I just can't hear the person speaking very well even though in-call volume is at maximum. This seems to be a common complaint with the Galaxy W, but I wonder if it comes more from people who previous had HTC handsets because the difference is really obvious.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones