• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Info needed about Nandroids....

BTK-appl3killa

Feb 2, 2011
Texas
hey guys i have a question about nandroids....where exactly do they save onto the sd, cause i have a 16gb sd card and i only have 5.3gb free and i don't have videos or music on my phone, i do have pics but not many at all and i do have a few apps but not 10gb's worth so im assuming its all the nandroid's i've created over the time of flashing roms and such

Yeah. Nandroids do take up quite a bit of microSD card space.

My Nandroids typically range around 200 MB to 300 MB. They can be much higher if you have a lot of apps installed. You are almost certainly correct in your assumption that your Nandroid backups are taking up the lion's share of your microSD card's space. You can move the Nandroid folders to your computer to save space if you want.

Upvote 0
how exactly do i get to my nandroids tho, cause im thinking about moving them onto my comp and deleting some of them from sd card

What recovery are you using? If you are using ClockworkMod Recovery, then the Nandroids are in a folder called "clockwork/backup" that is on your microSD card.

You can just copy the folders within the folder I mentioned above to your computer and delete them off your microSD card. I would leave at least on recent Nandroid of your current setup on your microSD card though.

Upvote 0
Is there any upload of the first nandroid you make after rooting? I accidentally deleted mine and would like to have a nandroid like that.

Well, technically no. If you used a Nandroid made by someone else, it would be signed into their Google account and customized to their liking.

I would recommend grabbing Liquid Sense 2.1 and then using that for updating your Profile and PRL. You can set it up like you would have for your stock Android 2.1 with Sense ROM and then make a Nandroid backup of it if you want.

Upvote 0
Well, technically no. If you used a Nandroid made by someone else, it would be signed into their Google account and customized to their liking.

I would recommend grabbing Liquid Sense 2.1 and then using that for updating your Profile and PRL. You can set it up like you would have for your stock Android 2.1 with Sense ROM and then make a Nandroid backup of it if you want.

ok so I don't have a nan of a sense rom.
and omg... Rom Manager.. that backup... it's a nandroid backup???

So all I have to do is make a backup of my CM I'm on... then do a total system wipe.... then load sense 2.1.... do my PRL update... make a nandroid backup so I have it for future updates... then do a recovery using the backup I made on my CM and I'm good? No need to re-add my apps or settings???

Upvote 0
It is simple, Load Liquid Sense on your SD card, make a Nandroid back up of your current Rom, then do a full wipe, then load the LS rom, once done, reboot, then update your PRL, then create a Nandroid of that Rom, once done, then simply restore your current Rom, and your good to go. Then where ever you want to update your PRL, simply restore the LS Rom.

ok so I don't have a nan of a sense rom.
and omg... Rom Manager.. that backup... it's a nandroid backup???

So all I have to do is make a backup of my CM I'm on... then do a total system wipe.... then load sense 2.1.... do my PRL update... make a nandroid backup so I have it for future updates... then do a recovery using the backup I made on my CM and I'm good? No need to re-add my apps or settings???

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones