• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Innocase Active + holster = garbage

Reginald VelJohnson

Android Enthusiast
Dec 31, 2009
Ok, so maybe garbage is too strong a word, but it suffers from a single, fatal flaw. At the top, where the spring clip is supposed to slide over the phone and snap into place, the case/holster interface is rubber on rubber. This means the holster's clip doesn't slide smoothly and it folds the inner layer of the case over the back of the phone.

Of course you can negate this by being very careful and using two hands (one to open the clip, one to slide the phone in), but that negates the whole purpose of this setup. It's going back to Amazon. Too bad, I really liked the Active case otherwise, especially in white.

I've gone back to naked with Seidio spring clip holster. That means I was still facing the original problem that caused me to get the case in the first place- the camera sticks out and eventually will get scratched to hell, and the phone doesn't sit level on a desk. If you guys ask nicely, I'll post pics of my ugly (but perfectly functional) homemade Sugru camera protector. :D

I had the same issue with the Rugged case at first. With a little practice, I've learned how to do it with one hand and keep the clip from snagging the edge of the rubber. A bigger problem for me was that the clip sometimes caught the power button when I was taking the phone out to answer a call, immediately sending it to voicemail. :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones