• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Instagram White or Black blank screen Fix

wakejump4me

Lurker
Feb 22, 2013
Hi All. I know it's my first post but I wanted to share the following because many Android users are effected with this issue.
I have a Samsung S-22 Ultra and ever since I installed the latest Instagram update, I wasn't able to log in. Whenever I clicked on the App, I would get a white blank screen (others get a black blank screen). I did lots of research and nothing worked. I tried clearing the cache, uninstalling the app, starting in safe mode, installed prior versions of Instagram, on WiFi, on Data plan...etc... Then there was a new system update for my android device and I thought that this would fix it due to the IG app not liking the OS but of course I was wrong.. Someone had suggested to do a factory reset but I didn't think that this was necessary. Anyways, I came across someone suggesting to use the "parallel App" or "Dual App" function... And that lead me to the following solution and I hope this will work for many too. This fix will work for most Android devices as the majority of Android phones are effected by this bug.

1st.-Check under settings, if your phone has “parallel App” or” Dual app” function. Simply open settings and search for it. If you find it, go into that setting and turn on Instagram and even Facebook. Now try to open Instagram. If it doesn’t work or if you can’t find this setting in your phone, then simply proceed with the next step. Go to the Google play Store and search for “Parallel Space” and install it. Here is the link to make it easier for you – – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl – – then select Instagram. Most likely the app will tell you that it selected Facebook automatically if you have it installed on your phone so they can crosslink. Now click to open Instagram within the same app. It will ask you for your IG login and you will be in. Thereafter, you can simply open the app with the regular app that used to give you a blank screen before…don’t be afraid…. NOW, if you have a newer phone, you might be asked to install the 64 bit version . If you have to do that, simply install it but the 64 bit app doesn’t let you do anything except for reading terms and conditions. I think that the regular version and the 64 bit version are connected in the background. Anyways, if you are asked to install the 64 bit version, go ahead with that, open it once and then get out and go back to the regular version of the app that you downloaded initially. To make it easier, here is that version – – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl.arm64
– – Like I said, install the 64 bit version, open it and leave it. Then go back to the regular version you downloaded and select Instagram. Facebook will be crosslinked if you have the app on your phone. Then open Instagram from within the “Parallel Space” App.. Enter your IG login info and you should be in…And once again, after you got into IG, you can use the regular app that you used to click on which gave you a black or white blank screen… VOILA…. Let me know if it works.

If you're experiencing a white or black blank screen on Instagram, here are some possible solutions:
  1. Update the App: Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. You can check for updates in your app store.
  2. Clear Cache and Data: Clearing the cache and data of the Instagram app can help fix the blank screen issue. Go to your device's settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear Cache/Data.
  3. Restart the App: Force close the Instagram app and then reopen it. This can help refresh the app and fix any temporary glitches.
  4. Restart Your Device: If the issue persists, try restarting your device. This can help refresh the device's system and fix any software issues.
  5. Uninstall and Reinstall the App: If none of the above solutions work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Instagram app. This can help fix any corrupted files or issues with the app.
  6. Contact Instagram Support: If the issue persists after trying all the above solutions, contact Instagram Support for further assistance.
Note that the above solutions may vary depending on your device and operating system.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones