• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installed CWM and VEGAn Tab, but Titanium B/U says not rooted?

chknhwk

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2011
Like the title says, I just installed the CWM and VEGAn Tab but I did not get everything the devs said I should get - like a new bootup screen and a superuser icon. I also installed Titanium Backup but it says the device is not rooted. I thought the actions I took according to this link root the device by definition?
2011-04-12_08-40-14_115.jpg

The google market app won't launch, either. Does anybody have any ideas on what I may have done wrong? I did the 2048/0 partition, also. :thinking:
http://androidforums.com/gtablet-al...-install-custom-rom-fix-market-add-flash.html

Installing the GAPPS.zip was nowhere in any of the instructions I've read, what is it and why would I install it if it wasn't in any of the How To's?
I tried downloading the busybox app via TiBu but it would not install, said my device was not rooted. I'm pretty confused - everybody said it was easy and it WAS easy, it's just that I'm not getting the same results as everybody else. :mad:

Upvote 0
Installing the GAPPS.zip was nowhere in any of the instructions I've read, what is it and why would I install it if it wasn't in any of the How To's?
I tried downloading the busybox app via TiBu but it would not install, said my device was not rooted. I'm pretty confused - everybody said it was easy and it WAS easy, it's just that I'm not getting the same results as everybody else. :mad:

Almost there. You just loaded the wrong file first.

Upvote 0
Like mcapozzi I think you didn't install the right file first. There are two, the main rom (gtab.VEGAn.1.00.beta5.1.user.final.zip) and the supplement (gtab.VEGAn.1.00.beta5.11.suppl.zip).

Your attached picture shows the layout of the stock rom settings screen. The kernel is still the original one too (it should be dirty nick with vegan). I guess you have to start over by installing the main rom first and then the supplement.

Upvote 0
I am trying to open my college textbooks with it so that I can read/study while traveling.
Unfortunately none of the apps I have tried will open the pdfs. Looks like I'll be putting my Gtablet back on the market and getting an Ipad. Thanks for all the help!

Aww that's too bad. Quick office hd doesn't work? That's what I use to view pdfs, excel etc. There's a notion ink port of the app. I think its included in the vegan gingerbread rom.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed - I'm starting to really like this tablet, too!
The gf was able to convert the pdf's last night using three different programs but you have to do them one page at a time. She converted 56 pages after I went to sleep. LOL They come through ok as a .docx file but they lost a lot of clarity. I might have found a work around, not sure yet.
I was thinking about leaving them up on my laptop and using an app that allows me access to my laptop while away from home...

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'm kinda bummed - I'm starting to really like this tablet, too!
The gf was able to convert the pdf's last night using three different programs but you have to do them one page at a time. She converted 56 pages after I went to sleep. LOL They come through ok as a .docx file but they lost a lot of clarity. I might have found a work around, not sure yet.
I was thinking about leaving them up on my laptop and using an app that allows me access to my laptop while away from home...

Aren't Docx files word files? How is she converting them? I use a scanner to convert pages to pdf files. I don't do it that often but it works well.

Upvote 0
Aren't Docx files word files? How is she converting them? I use a scanner to convert pages to pdf files. I don't do it that often but it works well.

a scanner?? get with the times and use your phone bro! :p
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.intsig.camscanner

seriously though, that app is great for when you are anywhere other than the office. i suppose you could use your g-tab too, although doing it with a front facing 1.3 MP cam would be a challenge.

Reactions: xmr405o
Upvote 0
a scanner?? get with the times and use your phone bro! :p
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.intsig.camscanner

seriously though, that app is great for when you are anywhere other than the office. i suppose you could use your g-tab too, although doing it with a front facing 1.3 MP cam would be a challenge.

Rofl!! Oooooooo.....buuuurn. haha

I'm guessing he's converting text books and taking a pic of each page is probably not the most efficient way. Lol he's got his girl converting for him...though its super sweet that she's doing that for him, I bet you there were moments where she wanted to smother him with a pillow while he was sleeping while converting his docs :p. Jk

Oops almost forgot, I'm not talking about a flatbed scanner haha.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones