• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing android 2.2 froyo

Ok, I just went and bought my epic today... I don't really want to mess with anything on it until I get froyo installed. What would be the simplest way to root and install froyo since I wont have to back anything up?
I tried searching the forum and couldn't find a straight forward answer.
Thanks in advance

Ok, I just went and bought my epic today... I don't really want to mess with anything on it until I get froyo installed. What would be the simplest way to root and install froyo since I wont have to back anything up?
I tried searching the forum and couldn't find a straight forward answer.
Thanks in advance

Don't do it! I installed Froyo from Samsung's website, and had quite a few issues. I then had a Sprint repair center ease and reinstall Froyo twice, and I was still having issues. The biggest issue was my battery life was cut in half, and there was nothing they do. They ended up giving me another phone, that had 2.1 on it, and all is fine. There is a reason why 2.2.1 has not been officially pushed out yet, to our devices, it's not ready for prime time. Besides, 2.2.1 is not going to change your life. The biggest difference I saw, was improved GPS accuracy, and faster lock times. Hang tight and wait for ALL the bugs to be worked out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones