1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Installing android 2.2 froyo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rick506, Mar 5, 2011.

1. rick506

rick506 Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    internet tech support rep
    San Marcos, tx
    Ok, I just went and bought my epic today... I don't really want to mess with anything on it until I get froyo installed. What would be the simplest way to root and install froyo since I wont have to back anything up?
    I tried searching the forum and couldn't find a straight forward answer.
    Thanks in advance

Advertisement

2. gme109

gme109 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 17, 2010
    Male

Don't do it! I installed Froyo from Samsung's website, and had quite a few issues. I then had a Sprint repair center ease and reinstall Froyo twice, and I was still having issues. The biggest issue was my battery life was cut in half, and there was nothing they do. They ended up giving me another phone, that had 2.1 on it, and all is fine. There is a reason why 2.2.1 has not been officially pushed out yet, to our devices, it's not ready for prime time. Besides, 2.2.1 is not going to change your life. The biggest difference I saw, was improved GPS accuracy, and faster lock times. Hang tight and wait for ALL the bugs to be worked out.

3. iBleedBlackNgold

iBleedBlackNgold Android Enthusiast
    None

May 21, 2010
    froyo isn't impressive at all even if bug free. at least i.m.o. ... I don't get what all the hype was about

4. rick506

rick506 Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2011
    internet tech support rep
    San Marcos, tx
    Really all I want is flash. What would be the easiest way to get it? How long do y'all think until it comes OTA?

5. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    machinist
    superior wi
    With how it has been on sister phones after they had it pulled it will be weeks yet. Samsung seems to have issues lately with all their updates, not just androids. Fwiw, i think 2.2 is awesome. Better market, apps2sd, flash, better gps performance. Just my opinion though.