• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Installing update after phone deactivated

Cam501

Feb 18, 2011
I just upgraded from my Dinc to a DNA a few days ago. Prior to the upgrade I had been putting off the last update to the Dinc and just clicking install later. I occasionally have had reboot loop problem and had heard this update would fix it. Can I still run the update even though the phone isn't active anymore? I'm going to keep the phone around as a backup, an alarm clock, and for the fm radio when I'm at work.

I just upgraded from my Dinc to a DNA a few days ago. Prior to the upgrade I had been putting off the last update to the Dinc and just clicking install later. I occasionally have had reboot loop problem and had heard this update would fix it. Can I still run the update even though the phone isn't active anymore? I'm going to keep the phone around as a backup, an alarm clock, and for the fm radio when I'm at work.
Yup, go ahead and let the update install

Reactions: Cam501
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones