• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Insurance question Best Buy/Asurion

I'm very, very sorry. What I meant to say was that no one ELSE covers lost phones besides assurion. I don't know why I said it like that.

"I feel it incumbent upon me to reiterate the point that no one covers lost phones," was said by Steven58.

And I feel it incumbent upon me to reiterate that what I meant to say was that no one ELSE covers lost phones besides asurion. It was a typo. :rolleyes:

Steven walks away shaking his head, muttering something under his breath that sounds like "dang kids!" ;)

Upvote 0
I'm very, very sorry. What I meant to say was that no one ELSE covers lost phones besides assurion. I don't know why I said it like that.

Actually there is another.

I'm a premium retailer myself and we sell both Asurion or ours (www.ProtectCell.com)

We have 3 different levels

Standard (1st req. $40, 2nd req. $80, 3rd reg or more. $120)
$49.95 1 year
$89.95 2 years

Touch (1st req. $50, 2nd req. $100, 3rd reg or more. $150)
$59.95 1 year
$99.95 2 years

Smart Phone (1st req. $50, 2nd req. $100, 3rd reg or more. $150)
$69.95 1 year
$119.95 2 years

Covers ANYTHING and EVERYTHING, plus you also get access to a rewards mall where you can buy $10 gift certs. for $4 or a $100 one for $40....

Upvote 0
I've mentioned this in several other areas .... but it bears repeating.

If you have homeowners or renter insurance - check with your agent!!!! It varies from state to state and from insurance company to insurance company, but it CAN be a great deal.

My experience: Auto-Owners Insurance. It's my homeowners policy, despite the name of the company. $500 of coverage. No deductible. Covers everything (theft, loss, accidental damage, etc.). cost - $14.83 per YEAR. I dropped my phone (Droid Eris)in the garage about a month ago - it landed face down and shattered the glass. I called my agent on a monday morning and told him what happened. He said to buy a new one at retail and send him the receipt. I had a check in my hands for $500 on Friday.

Reactions: sic0048
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones