• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Intercept help, have been trying to solve this myself for days now

Okay this problem started about some time last week and I have been trying to solve it even now. Every time I go to my gallery, my phone buzzes once then three times displaying an error that says "The process android.media has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again." So, I tried to solve that by unmounting and mounting the SD card, soft resetting, and restarting my phone; also formatting the SD card. Now I go to my gallery and it says "Application Camera (com.android.gallery) has stopped working unexpectedly. Please try again." I researched this problem on forums for Android, erased the Camera cache, and Media Storage; I thought this would work, but I still cannot view my gallery. I even went into the Sprint Store yesterday to ask about this problem, they said "It's a defect with the phone" So I went home and tried to solve it for myself, as I have already said. Do I have to send the phone to Samsung for a swap? I really hope I don't have to...advice to help me fix this problem would be very appreciated, I just wanna be able to view my gallery again!

If this helps, my SD card is 2 GB, Android version: 2.2.1, Build Number: FROYO.DL05

I think you've done a lot of what you can do, but there are two more things I'd try.

Download the photos in your gallery to your computer using either FTP or USB. Once you've done that, view them to be sure they're ok. Then wipe the photo directory on your Intercept and take some new photos and see if they'll view.

It's a possibility that your problem is the SD card. You could try saving your data to another device and then reformatting the DC card or trying a new SD card.

Upvote 0
So by your first thing you mean save them to my computer, view them, and wipe the gallery? how?

Have you ever tried transferring files between your phone and computer using the USB cable? There are a lot of threads on here explaining how to do that, mostly because people have had trouble doing it. But it generally works well. Once you have this working, you can use Windows Explorer on your Windows computer to delete files on the phone.

An alternate way is using a file manager. I'm a big fan of ES File Explorer, a free download from the Android Market. It also works across your network if you can't make the cable transfer work.

This may be way obvious, but you would also want to make sure that you have some photos in the directory Gallery uses -- that you didn't somehow delete all your photos by accident.

And here, we don't have a replacement 2 GB micro SD card :(
You may be able to get by just re-formatting the micro SD, but of course you have to back up all the data to somewhere else first.

But I think you said that you already tried this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones