• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal storage issue

I don't know what file manager you are using, but with es file explorer you have to go into settings and enable root r/w access for /

Then go to /Data and delete the *.alog files. Long press an alog file to select it, then tic the boxes next to each of the others. Then at the bottom tap delete.

They will be recreated shortly...

THEN you go back in and remove write access while they are still small, which in es file explorer, you long press the file, tap the"more" menu, select properties, edit permissions by removing the W. repeat for all of them.

reboot

It sounds like you may have done it backwards.

Upvote 0
You may want to check them after a day or two to make sure you didn't miss write protecting one. Just to make sure they were all recreated when you did that. Just make sure you reboot after removing write permissions.

good luck

edit:
the question mark... I think you're talking about the default icon that ES File Ex uses when it doesn't recognize a file type. It's all good.

Reactions: dick302
Upvote 0
Nah, you're rooted, you can get rid of system stuff now. May want to check this thread first:
http://androidforums.com/triumph-all-things-root/382062-stock-apps-you-can-safely-remove.html because deleting the wrong thing could have undesirable consequences :D

I always uninstall Gallery and use quick pic. It's faster, uses less memory and doesn't run all the time. I haven't used the stock Rom in years so I can't really remember what the apps were.

You may want to go ahead and install Superuser from play store. I recommend the one with the # icon by Koush, the Clockwork mod dude.

Maybe get Titanium Backup so you can back up the app before uninstalling just for safety sake.
enjoy

Reactions: dick302
Upvote 0
Hi, folks,

This “text messaging limit” thing was really pissing me off: I am *not* a power user on my Motorola Triumph, and no matter what I transferrred to the SD card or cleaned out of my text messages, I kept getting that same issue. Thanks much to thalcyon and thangfish who resolved my issues.

My steps were:

Downloaded the Gingerbreak 1.2 apk from here.
Followed the instructions to root my Triumph from here.
Downloaded root explorer from the Play Store.
Deleted the alog* files from \data using root explorer.
Enabled ES File Explorer to use Root Explorer per thangfish's instructions above.
Removed write permission from the newly recreated alog* files using ES File Explorer.

That seems to have resolved the issues for the moment. I've regained 750MB of space.

My only question now is whether it's okay to disable the USB logging now that the rooting has been completed and root explorer installed.

Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it. Don.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone. I just found this thread after experiencing same problem myself. I also have a Triumph. So is the conclusion that everybody came to that there's no solution unless you root your phone? Is there anything we can do to fix this problem even temporarily besides a factory reset for those of us that don't have their phones rooted?
actually easy fix is type *#9900# in your phones dialer and click on delete dump
done

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones