• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[International / GSM] SDK Manager won't open?

Hey all, trying to get ADB and everything all set up to unlock my Nexus. However, when I go to launch the SDK Manager it flashes cmd prompt window for a second and then crashes and never opens.

Has anyone dealt with this or know of a fix? I've searched and haven't been able to find a solution.

Running Windows 7 32-bit

Hey all, trying to get ADB and everything all set up to unlock my Nexus. However, when I go to launch the SDK Manager it flashes cmd prompt window for a second and then crashes and never opens.

Has anyone dealt with this or know of a fix? I've searched and haven't been able to find a solution.

Running Windows 7 32-bit
i had that problem too. trying to open it a thousands times, and redownloading it with no avail. but i used this method, unlocked and rooted in less than 5 minutes.

LINK

Reactions: QuickDraw23
Upvote 0

Running Windows 7 32-bit

Did you install the Java JDK?

Upvote 0
Hey guys I'm having the same problem. When I go into the android-sdk-windows folder and double click the SDK Manager exe i see my command window flash on for a second then crash immediately and nothing happens. I'm new to SDK and haven't used it before so I'm confused as to why this is happening. I'm also running 32bit Windows 7.

All I have done was download the zip for android-sdk-windows files then extracted them to the root C: of my computer. Is there something I'm missing or am I just dumb. And should i just bite the bullet and use the superboot method above? Thanks in advance

Edit: I'm stupid. I downloaded Java JDK and everything is good to go. False alarm.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones