• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] Help update new firmware via TWRP - Where is package file/folder

Vizar

Lurker
Oct 29, 2009
Hi. I just got a notification telling me a new firmware was available for my i9505. I use TriangleAway to mask that my phone is rooted. However, when trying to update, the phone will reboot into TWRP, and thus unable to install/update further from there. I guess the easy solution would be to 'force' install via TWRP, but I'm unable to find the downloaded installer package. Any ideas to where the package is hiden, - or better ways to do this?

Hi. I just got a notification telling me a new firmware was available for my i9505. I use TriangleAway to mask that my phone is rooted. However, when trying to update, the phone will reboot into TWRP, and thus unable to install/update further from there. I guess the easy solution would be to 'force' install via TWRP, but I'm unable to find the downloaded installer package. Any ideas to where the package is hiden, - or better ways to do this?

You have a couple options. You can go back to all stock,

1 - Odin back to stock rom.

2 - Use CF-Auto-Root from the XDA thread. Just install it through PDA in Odin. (see his 2nd post for instructions) Now you're rooted with stock recovery so you can use Triangle Away.

3 - Use Triangle Away. Follow the directions exactly.

4 - After phone reboots, go back to stock recovery, do a factory reset and wipe cache partition.

Everything in Odin mode and in settings About Device should all say Official now. You should be able to get OTA updates now.

or, probably the easiest way, go to sammobile/firmwares, type your phones model number in the search box where it says "Search device here". A list of stock roms will come up. Download the one for your phone and use Odin to install it. It will unroot you and you'll have to reroot.

When you check the firmwares, make sure its not the same as you already have. I don't know what update you might be getting. If its something really new they might not have it up yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones