• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [International] How can I root my XXUGNH1 android version of Note 3 ?

moustafaatchy

Jan 31, 2012
A few months ago I rooted m y N9005 using a zip file using recovery mode (Is this dangerous by the way?)
A week later my phone broke without warning. No sound, no video, no camera & lots of freezes.
For 4 months repair shops have been trying to fix it with no point. They all agreed it was a hardware problem.
But after the last one tried to change software, I went home and updated it as Samsung updates were pushed.That fixed the problem.
So I am afraid to root the device with any Build number other than XXUGNH1

Just to second the CF method, any questions or your not sure my guide (plug plug) kindly stickied at the top of the rooting forum will show you how.
of course not :)
I understood that this method will use odin to flash my phone with a firmware older than mine (mine is XXUGNH1)
And I am afraid my problems would return if I flashed that version.
the XXUFNF2 update is the one that fixed my problem (that no one could understand why)
Then it was updated to XXUGNH1 via OTA
So am I wrong to think that flashing another version could make things worse ?

Upvote 0
use chainfire's autoroot. it's safe 190%. CF-Root Download
use odin to flash. PM me if you have any ?

Hi,
Does it work for both 16Gb as well as 32 gb Note3 N9005. Some places it says check autoreboot, repartition and reset - all three before flashing. Is it correct or it is only to be followed when flashing stock original /custom rom and not for just rooting with CF-root? I am clueless. Please help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones